AZ Floor Installation Preparation
- Our az floor installation preparation is provided in the following areas: Ahwatukee, Apache Junction, Casa Grande, Chandler, Central Phoenix, Desert Mountain, East Valley, Gilbert, Gold Canyon, Maricopa, Mesa, Paradise Valley, Peoria, Phoenix, Queen Creek, Scottsdale, and Tempe.
There are a few things that you will need to plan for before your installation starts.
If you won’t be at home while the work is being done, be sure that the installers have a way to contact you quickly. Nobody wants a day to be wasted because you weren’t available to make a decision.
If you have pets, please arrange for them to be in a safe place away from the work area. A back room where no work is being done, or a fenced back yard might be good choices, or perhaps they can stay with a friend or family member. Our installers may go in and out dozens of times in a day, and we can’t be responsible for making sure your pet doesn’t escape.
If you are planning to paint your baseboards and door jambs, do so either before (5-6 weeks) or after the flooring installation. It can take a month for latex enamel to cure completely, so damage is inevitable if the baseboards are freshly painted.
If you have not included furniture moving in your contract, you are responsible for making sure that the work area is completely clear before the first day of work.
If you have included furniture moving in your contract, realize that you may still need to do some preparation.
- Remove any knick-knacks, valuables, fragile items or heirlooms. Even if a contractor is insured, these items are usually not covered. And items of sentimental value are simply irreplaceable.
- If you have a pool table, grand piano, or any other very large, heavy item, have a professional move it out of the work area and replace it when the installation is complete.
- Electronic equipment such as computers and peripherals, home theater or stereo equipment should be removed and replaced by you.
- If you are having work done inside a closet, be sure that the floor is clear and nothing hangs within two feet of the floor.
- Pack the contents of china hutches and book cases, and move them to a safe location.
- If you know there’s a problem with a piece of furniture (for example, a loose leg on a table), let us know in advance.
- If you have a waterbed, drain and disassemble it. You can leave the pieces in the work area, and we will move them and then replace them so you can reassemble the bed.
With a little planning and preparation, your new floor will be installed quickly and with a minimum of disruption to your life!